Terms and Conditions
1.1 The Content on Our Site does not constitute advice on which you should rely. It is provided for general information purposes only.
1.2 We make no representation, warranty, or guarantee that Our Site will meet your requirements, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all software and hardware, or that it will be secure.
1.3 We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the Content on Our Site is complete, accurate, and up-to-date. We do not, however, make any representations, warranties or guarantees (whether express or implied) that the Content is complete, accurate, or up-to-date.
1.4 No part of Our Site is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance. No goods or services are sold through Our Site and the details of goods and/or services provided on Our Site are provided for general information purposes only.
1.5 Whilst every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that all representations and descriptions of goods and/or services available from Us correspond to the actual goods and/or services available, minor variations or errors may occur.
1.7 We make no representation, warranty, or guarantee that goods and/or services shown on Our Site will be available from Us. Please contact Us if you wish to enquire as to the availability of any goods and/or services.
GL Property Maintenance T&Cs
1. Payment Clause
- Estimates provided are exclusive of VAT.
- Three Options: Option A – Payment of a lump sum on completion; Option B – Payment by stage payments; and Option C –
- Payment at periodic intervals based on work carried out to date. Options will be discussed & put in place relevant to works being carried out.
- A retention sum of 5% of the Agreed Price should be paid within one month of completion of the Agreed Work provided all snagging issues have been attended to.
- Any requested variation cost is to be agreed with the Customer in writing before works are conducted.
- If the Customer requests any variations, the Agreed Price will be varied by an amount or time period (as the case may be) to be agreed between the parties.
- Requested variations and their effect will be recorded.
- Variation in the work: If there is any variation in the work requested by the customer, local authority or are found once works commence, that could not reasonably have been foreseen, then the agreed price will be increased or reduced depending on the variation by an amount or time period (as the case may be), to be agreed between the parties.
3. Programme of Work
- A commencement and completion date will be agreed before commencement.
- If warranted key dates will be agreed throughout the programme of the Agreed Work. Delivery dates of key elements will be mentioned.
- If the Customer makes any changes to the originally agreed works & / or requires extra works to be carried out, the Customer must accept works may take longer than initially agreed, therefore altering/delaying the completion date.
4. Workmanship and Materials Supplied
- The Builder/Tradesman shall carry out the Agreed Work in a proper and workmanlike manner.
- All materials supplied by the Builder/Tradesman will also be of satisfactory quality and suitable for their intended purpose. Materials must be new unless agreed with the Customer.
- Any faulty workmanship and or materials must be notified to the Builder/Tradesman as early as possible. The Builder/Tradesman must be given the opportunity to inspect and if deemed necessary request an expert’s report to qualify problem and fault. If found to be as recorded, then the Builder/Tradesman will repair or replace as required.
- Manufacturer’s recommendations will be followed, and the Customer must adhere to any necessary recommendations.
- Any materials supplied by the Customer must be delivered to the premises and checked by the Customer prior to incorporating into the Agreed Work. Any delay caused by Customer supply may be charged for.
- If the Customer requests any works to be carried out in a way not recommended by the Builder/Tradesman, then the customer must confirm in writing that they take full responsibility & are aware they cannot hold the Builder/Tradesman responsible for any issues that may arise. This may result in the Builder/Tradesman not providing any possible guarantees.
- If the Builder/Tradesman cannot complete the Agreed Work on time because of
extremely inclement weather, an extension to the Agreed Period will be agreed
by a fair and reasonable time.
- No concrete work, brickwork, or plastering and or external works such as
rendering, slab laying, or decorations will be carried out if temperatures are 2
degrees Celsius or below.
6. Water, Electricity, Gas and or Oil
- The Customer will supply all necessary water and electricity for the carrying out of the Agreed Work without charge to the Builder/Tradesman.
- Any movement of meters or mains from the boundary to the meter and or oil storage tanks will be the responsibility of the Customer.
- If any building work is required in connection with the above, a cost must be agreed before commencement.
7. Local Authorities approvals
- Any necessary Local Authorities approvals will be sought and gained by the Customer prior to commencement of the Agreed Work. Copies of all relevant permissions and approvals are also to be forwarded to the Builder/Tradesman prior to commencement of the Agreed Work.
- Any fees due for such approvals will paid by the Customer.
8. Party Wall etc Act 1996
- If this act applies, then it is the responsibility of the Customer to follow the correct procedures. The Builder/Tradesman will not accept any responsibility for any delays caused.
9. CDM. Construction (Design Management) Regulations 2007
- It is the Customer’s responsibility to comply with the above Regulations if they apply. The Builder/Tradesman will not accept any responsibility for any delays caused.
- The Agreed Work is guaranteed against faulty workmanship and or materials not fit for purpose for up to six years.
- An Insurance backed Guarantee can be offered at an additional cost.
- The Customer is to notify their insurance company of the work to be carried out before commencement of the Agreed Work.
- The Builder/Tradesman will have Public Liability Insurance of: £2,000.000
- The Builder/Tradesman if relevant will have Employers Liability Insurance of no less than £5 Million
- The Builder/Tradesman will insure the Customer against theft of any materials or products taken from the premises that are for the Agreed Work.
- Any other cover by agreement with the Customer.
12. Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
To comply with the Consumer Contracts (information, cancellation and additional work
charges) Regulations 2013. To include:
- The right to cancel period of 14 days.
- Additional and relevant information.
- Cancellation form included with each estimate or quotation given.
Relevant information is available from http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/advice/advice-business.cmf